ACCOMMODATION AND BUSSES
Rules and Regulations
1. PLEASE BE ON TIME FOR DEPARTURE TO GEORGE. Busses will NOT wait for any athletes or group that is late.
2. The free transport offered to athletes is not a free holiday for helpers and assistants. Athletes must get preference with places on the bus and for every three athletes there can only be ONE helper. That helper must assist the athletes and must be prepared to push a person in the fun event.
3. Assistants MUST help athletes with their toilet needs the hostels report bed wetting where assistants were not prepared to help persons who needed assistance. That is why there must be helpers. Once again - this
is not a free holiday for helpers.
4. Managers, please ensure that wheelchair bound persons empty their bowls and bladders before getting on the bus.
5. Busses are not accessible for wheelchair users, or there may not be a toilet on the bus. Please be aware of this.
6. ALL ATHLETES MUST WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE THIS A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE. PLEASE TOLERATE EACH OTHER AND PERSONS FROM OTHER RACIAL GROUPS
7. Bus drivers MUST stop every 2 hours at a safe place to allow athletes to use toilets and rest rooms facilities. If this is not done, athletes must please phone the Event Organizer from the bus while traveling, so that
it can be sorted out.
8. Athletes who book at hostels can only access the hostels at 13:00. Plan the trip so that you do not arrive too early as these hostels needs to be cleaned and prepared for your weekend visit.
9. If the busses arrive early, please come to the registration area first. This prevents the congestion later in the evening at the pasta meal.
10. Busses traveling from KZN (Durban) and Limpopo MUST sleep over TWO NIGHTS in George. Please prepare financially for that. NO EXCEPTIONS. Your safety is our concern and the drivers need a rest before
they travel that far again. If this does not suit you, please do not enter as the safety of people is more important than anything else!
11. All athletes must realize that bus driver’s work on a strict time schedule — we cannot allow 30 minutes to load 15 people from a hostel into the bus. Managers and assistants must please see to it that their groups
are on time.
12. All athletes MUST be at the venue by NO LATER than 07:30.
13. The race starts at 08:00 and if any bus is not on time, do not blame the driver as they have strict instructions to load on time and if athletes are not ready to leave them at the hostel.
14. NO ATHLETE will be allowed to participate if they are not at the start by 07:45.
15. All athletes traveling in the same bus must stay at the SAME hostel. It is not practical and very time consuming to drive from hostel to hostel to pick up athletes. Please book your accommodation at the
hostels as listed below.
16. The drivers will get this schedule and if you do not want to stay at the allocated hostel, you must please ensure to book your own private transport to the race. The drivers will only load from their allocated hostels.
17. Accommodation for busses:
Bus from Limpopo: Van Kervel School
Bus from Gauteng: PW Botha College
Bus from Free State: Pacaltsdorp High School
Bus from Durban: Olympia School
Bus from Newcastle: Olympia School
Any other Busses: Die Bult School
(The accommodation at Olympia school have been upgraded and is in a very good condition)
Groups from Western Cape and Southern Cape/Karoo: please book at Carpe Diem school, Itula Guest farm, Gateway lodge or any of the above mentioned hostels depending on the availability.